Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY Face Mask

Hey everyone,
So, I have the day off and I'm taking a 'pamper myself' day! One of the things I tried was a home-made face mask and I thought I'd share!

I'm one of those people that is a little wary of trying store-bought face masks because you never really know what's in them so I found a natural face mask with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!

Ingredients

  • 1 Lemon - helps brighten the skin and natural source of vitamin C, lightens age spots and tightens the pores
  • 1/2 Cup of Sugar - natural exfoliate 
  • 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - high in vitamin E and soothes skin
  • 1 tbsp of Natural Honey - anti bacterial, antioxidants (try to find pure honey, not the cute little bear bottle :) )



You'll mix those four things together (I added a little extra sugar to make it a little more exfoliating) and then apply to your face.

I left mine on for about 15 minutes and my skin feels so smooth.
I also used it on my lips and if you accidentally lick a little it's ok because it tastes good.
This is also great to use on your hands and exfoliating your legs can help in ingrown hairs so you can use it there too.

The smell is a little weird at first but soon you'll smell the honey..
which is making me hungry!

I just threw the leftovers in a jar and put that in the fridge. It will be good for a few days to use again, but I wouldn't say longer than a week.



Now I'm off to go eat a banana; hope you enjoyed this!


No comments:

Post a Comment